Non-motorized Recreation Access

Frequently Asked Questions about Non-motorized Recreation Access


What can I do while on the property?

You are welcome to walk, run, hike, ride a bicycle, horse or mule, walk the dog, photograph wildlife, hunt, fish, picnic, pick berries, etc. on existing roads and trails.  You may not target shoot and you may not build new trails. You may not ride in a vehicle with a motorized recreation access permit holder. 


Why are there individual and family permits?

In an effort to keep permit costs down, we are offering a permit for individuals who may want to hike, bicycle or horseback ride on the property as well as a family permit that is for married spouses and their children less than age 19.


What can I expect when I purchase a permit?

You will receive an email that will serve as your receipt and permit for access.  You MUST print out both pages.  Carry the first page with you while on the property and the second page is to put on the dash of your vehicle if you are parking near the property.  Be prepared to show your permit and photo ID when you are asked by law enforcement, security or Campbell Global personnel.


Do non-motorized users need to fill out a sign-in card?

No!  Sign-in cards are for motorized users only and are at the motorized access gates.  Non-motorized users can access the property from any location provided they are not crossing other private property without permission.  We do ask that if non-motorized users harvest game, they mail in a game harvest card or put it in the box at a kiosk at one of the recreation access gates.  Game harvest cards are available at the recreation kiosks or may be printed from the website.


How long is the permit valid?

Annual permits are valid from the date of purchase, after April 1st, through the following March 30th.  Permit holders will need a new permit starting April 1st of each year.


Can we maintain existing trails on the property?

Existing trails can be maintained as long as the following rules are followed:

Rules for maintaining trails authorized by and on lands managed by Campbell Global

1. Hand tools such as clippers, shovels, rakes, etc. may be used.
2. Chainsaws may be used outside of fire season officially set by Washington DNR, typically from April 15 to October 15 by trained operators using all required manufacturer safety equipment.
3. Down wood may be cut only if it is safe, no standing trees or snags may be cut.
4. Seedlings and samplings may not be damaged.
5. No ATVs, snowmobiles, dirt bikes, etc are allowed.
6. No smoking or warming fires.
7. No building of jumps or similar structures.
8. Trail bridge construction will adhere to the USFS Region 6 Trail Bridge Standard and must be approved in writing by Campbell Global.  Other permits may be required.
9. New trails may be built only with written permission of Campbell Global.
10. All trash must be removed from the premises.
11. All work is at individual’s own risk.
12. Accidents must be reported to Campbell Global immediately at For emergencies, call 911.


Can we build new trails?

All new trail building requires prior permission from Campbell Global.  Send us an email on the Contact Us form and we can begin the conversation about building new trails.


Can I pick berries and mushrooms?

You may pick berries and mushrooms for personal use only.


Can I build a campfire?



If I harvest game, do I need to fill out a game harvest card?

Yes, a game harvest card must be filled out. You may do so by printing out the online game harvest card or fill out a card at any recreation access gate.  Please leave the card at a kiosk at one of the motorized recreation access gates. 


Where can I get to the property?

Many public roads and trails border the Snoqualmie Forest as can be seen on the map.  Please respect the private property rights of others and do not cross their property to get to Campbell Global property unless you have permission.


Can we host an organized event on the property?  (i.e.: horseback riding event, cross-country run, mountain bike event, etc.)

Permits are for personal use only.  Organized events require a special permit and insurance to cover the event.  For more information, email


Can I hike or ride my bike onto the property in order to do research?

Permits are for personal use only.  All research requires a study plan and special permit for access.  For more information, email